Please be advised that our social media accounts have been compromised as of August 1st, 2023. We have reported the incident and are awaiting a response from Facebook/Meta regarding the issue.
Posts from August 1st and onward may not originate from us (we are unsure at this point if posts we previously scheduled will go forward). Please be cautious and vigilant as the hacker is impersonating Free Korean Dogs and attempting to deceive people into submitting their applications along with e-transfer deposits.
Our website remains secure, as is all information and transactions stored on it.
This is a Current Scam on Our Facebook Page
Scam Identification: Protect Yourself
Here are some tips on how to identify a scam:
- The only legitimate Free Korean Dogs’ adoption application is via our website. We never use platforms such as Google Forms, Word documents, etc. to collect adoption applications/information
- Our adoption process is a thorough and multi-faceted process that consists of a phone/video interview, reference checks, home visits, and adoption agreements (via our website). We will never approve an adoption without completing the required steps with the applicant
- The only legitimate email for e-transfers is <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Free Korean Dogs does not accept PayPal as an adoption fee payment option, or other options such as Trans Union, Alipay, pre-paid visa gift cards, etc.
- Free Korean Dogs will never ask you to directly provide banking or credit card information
- Free Korean Dogs currently does not facilitate adoption for puppies under 8 months of age
- Free Korean Dogs does not accept or facilitate adoption for local surrenders unless they were previously adopted from us and returned
- Free Korean Dogs only uses CanadaHelps as an online fundraising platform. The campaign should only be identified as raising funds for Free Korean Dogs directly, and not under an individual’s name, including any of our team members, to raise any funds on behalf of Free Korean Dogs.
If you have become a victim of a scam, please contact your local police department.
We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Please know we are working hard to regain control of our accounts, but we expect the process to take time as we continue to await a response and/or action from Facebook/Meta. We appreciate your patience in this matter.
Subscribe for Updates
Get our dogs in your inbox once a month, along with our latest news and events. We never send spam, and you can opt out at any time.