Health: Spayed/Neutered, Vaccinated, Dewormed, Heartworm-Tested
Join Our Pack
Get monthly updates about dogs like Milk and follow their journey from suffering to a forever-loving home.
Milk is 3 year old maltese who was rescued from a high kill shelter in Korea last spring. He’s since been living with in a boarding house near Seoul.
Milk takes time to warm up to new people in new situations. He is very apprehensive in the beginning, and will bark and try to bite whoever is trying to approach him. It took him over a month to warm up to his vet technicians and boarding house manager, after which he becomes very affectionate and allows snuggling, petting, teeth cleaning, nail timing, bathing, and ear clearing.
The ideal home for is Milk is one that
– understands traumatized dogs and how to deal with fear based reactions
– willing to deal with potential biting
– understands and will practice positive reinforcement rather than correction training to build his confidence
– a person who is patient and allow him to open up on his own terms
– a single person or family with no kids (and no large family as this may be more stressful for Milk)
Milk is a very good boy, but just needs some time to build trust. We’ve seen his potential and know his potential to be a wonderful companion. All he asks for is time and not to give up on him.
DHPPL, Canine Influenza, Kennel Cough, Rabies, Corona, Heartworm test, Giardia test, Flea & tick & heartworm prevention are all done.