- Status: Adopted
- Breed: Pomeranian
- Age: 2 years, 8 months
- Gender: Male
- Spay/Neuter: Yes
- Size: Small
- Weight: 4.9 kg (11 lbs)
- Location: Toronto
Update: Gavin has found a forever home in Toronto. Yay!
Gavin, rescued from a highkill shelter in Korea, is a quiet, medium-energy boy. He recenly graduated from a behavioral rehabilitation and training course at Doggytime Canine Care & Rescue.
Gavin loves playing with toys, listening to music, belly rubs, and lots of snuggles. He listens well but can be stubborn and therefore needs a confident handler who won’t cave in to how cute he is! Gavin does very well with repetition exercises and games. He has come a long way in a short amount of time and now only needs to find his special people who will continue with rules and boundaries, walks and brain exercises. Small dogs like Gavin are more prone to developing patella issues, and as such the vet has recommended some daily at-home physio exercises that can be done to help prevent the issue (we’ll show you how!). He would benefit from a multiple short walks per day vs. fewer long walks. It would also be very beneficial for Gavin to continue being fed a Raw Diet with the supplements I’ve mentioned above.
- A home with small dog experience.
- A family or person who understands that Gavin may always have limitations due to his patella condition and are okay with it.
- A quiet home without young children.
- A house or an apartment, as long as Gavin is able to get multiple short walks per day.
- A family or person who either works from home or have alternate work schedules to ensure Gavin is not left unattended for more than 3-4 hours per day.
- A home with or without another balanced dog.
- A home with or without a cat.
- A family or person willing to dedicate their time to ensuring Gavin is getting the physical and mental exercise he needs daily.
- A family or person willing to perform Gavin’s daily physiotherapy exercises.
- A home that’s willing to continue with the Raw Diet and supplements.
DHPPL, Canine Influenza, Kennel Cough, Rabies, Corona, Heartworm test, Giardia test, Flea & tick & heartworm prevention are all done.
Disclaimer: Free Korean Dogs cannot guarantee the temperament of our animals, as temperament is often an effect of environment and circumstance.