Health: Spayed/Neutered, Vaccinated, Dewormed, Heartworm-Tested
Join Our Pack
Get monthly updates about dogs like Captain and follow their journey from suffering to a forever-loving home.
**Please note Captain is currently with a foster family in Coquitlam, BC and will only be considered for adoption to residents in the Greater Vancouver area)**
Captain was rescued from a man who was raising dogs to sell to the meat market. When an activist found out about the plans, they “purchased” Captain and his siblings in order to save them. He previously lived with his rescuer and at our partner boarding house.
Captain loves other dogs and is respectful of their boundaries (he currently lives with a foster doggy sister who is a bit shy with other dogs, and is a perfect gentleman around her). He loves to go for a run and chase after balls (although doesn’t bring it back like a game of fetch). However, he is still a bit nervous being outside, especially with children and bicycles. He is also a bit shy around humans he is not familiar with, but warms up quickly.
Captain is very food motivated and does best using a food reward system. He knows his basic commands (sit, down, stay, paw, and speak) and is quite calm and quiet in the household.
This handsome boy’s ideal home is:
- A calm and low activity home with adults only, or older teenagers
- Active humans who enjoy walks, runs, hikes, etc.
- A quiet neighborhood (as the sounds of trucks and traffic still scare him)
- A home with a secure yard to run around
- A home with another friendly dog is highly preferred (another confident dog he could mirror would also help him overcome his fears)
DHPPL, Canine Influenza, Kennel Cough, Rabies, Corona, Heartworm test, Giardia test, Flea & tick & heartworm prevention are all done.