2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE (TORONTO AND VANCOUVER)
Free Korean Dogs is a registered non-profit charity organization in Canada and the US focused on the rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption of dogs from the South Korean dog meat trade.
We are currently seeking a summer intern who will assist in the planning, development, and execution of our annual Freedom Walk event in September 2022. Please note this is an unpaid position with compensation available for related expenses. The tenure of this position will run from June – September with a commitment of 15-20 hours per week. References can be provided upon conclusion of the role.
ABOUT FREE KOREAN DOGS
Free Korean Dogs is a registered non-profit charity organization in Canada and the US. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Toronto, our organization works to save dogs from South Korea’s dog meat trade and other at-risk circumstances through our rescue & rehabilitation, adoption, and education programs.
To date, we have shut down two dog meat farm operations, rescued over 250 dogs directly from the dog meat trade, and saved over 900 dogs at risk of being sold into the meat trade or from euthanasia at high kill shelters. As of December 2020, through rescue and rehabilitation we have successfully found forever homes for over 1000 dogs with families in Canada and the US.
We aim to promote public awareness to create a cultural shift from cruelty to compassion both locally and abroad through education, campaigns, and events. By fostering a community of volunteers, partners, adopters and supporters, we hope to improve welfare standards and quality of life so one day all dogs and animals are afforded peaceful and happy lives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working closely with the organization’s Board of Directors and Charity Foundation Officer, the selected candidate will:
- Build and maintain relationships with local businesses for sponsorships and prize donations.
- Organize prizes and raffle items.
- Coordinate logistics of event materials to and from event site.
- Plan and develop schedule for the day’s event (engaging activities for event participants, raffles, etc).
- Secure snacks and refreshments for event day.
- Contribute to social media promotional and marketing materials.
- Liaise with FKD adopters and local community for participation and engagement.
- Commitment to 15-20 hours per week.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Access to a vehicle or ability to commute and transport items around the city.
- Current student or recent graduate of a communications, marketing, public relations, or fundraising program is preferred.
- Interest in animal rescue and welfare, and volunteering in the non-profit sector.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and a short paragraph detailing why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.