- This event has passed.
Freedom Walk 2022 – Toronto
September 17 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT
- Amelie Arteta
- Steve Dombey
We are thrilled to announce our annual Freedom Walk 2022! 100% of proceeds will help support the food, medical, shelter, and training needs of dog meat farm rescues. Come out and join us in person or virtually! Our Freedom Walk is open to everyone and anyone, anywhere! You don’t need to be a FKD adopter or dog owner. All you have to do is love one.
TORONTO IN-PERSON WALK:
- WHEN: Saturday, September 17th, 2022
- WHERE: High Park, Picnic Area #26 (1873 Bloor St W, Toronto, M6R 2Z3)
- TIME: 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Walk begins at 12:00PM)
- If you have any questions, please email us at <email@example.com>
VIRTUAL WALK – HERE, THERE, EVERYWHERE!:
Outside Toronto, Vancouver, or Seattle? Join us virtually!
Choose your own date and location between Sunday, September 11th, 2022 to Saturday, September 17th, 2022 to do your own walk. It’s a great way to explore new neighborhoods and trails!
Remember to share photos on social media and tag #FreeKoreanDogs and #FreedomWalk2022 so we can all find each other!
It is estimated over 2 million dogs in South Korea alone are slaughtered for meat each year. Many are brutally tortured prior, as it is believed the adrenaline released from the stress of torture makes the meat tastier and enhances nutritional and healing properties.
By shedding light on their horrible practice through education and awareness, we hope to create a shift from cruelty to compassion both locally and across borders. To date, we have found forever homes for over 1,000 dogs from the dog meat trade and other at-risk circumstances through our rescue, rehabilitation and adoption program.
* Free Korean Dogs (FKD) is a registered charity in Canada (BN:80580 0166RR0001). Free Korean Dogs US (FKD US) is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization #85-2573367 in the USA, with charitable organization registrations in the following States: Washington #2004912, Oregon #58908 & California #0274571.