We are looking for foster homes in Toronto, NYC, and Portland for Korean rescue dogs.
If you are an experienced dog lover or interested in helping rescue dogs from Korea, we welcome you to join our Free Korean Dogs foster network.
It takes generally between 1-4 weeks for a foster dog to find his or her forever home. We provide dog food, a collar, and a leash for each foster dog. As a foster dog parent, you will need to provide us with updates about your foster dog, including photos and videos.
- Submit your application.
- We will contact you for an interview.
- We will do a home visit.
- Sign Foster Care Provider Agreement.
- We will add you to the list of foster homes.
- When we need a foster home, we will contact you and ask if you are able to foster a dog.
Foster Care Provider Agreement
- You must be 24 years of age or older.
- You must live in or near one of the following cities in the US or Canada: Toronto, New York, Seattle, and Portland. We do not currently send dogs to any other destinations.
- You agree that this dog is being fostered for yourself and will not be sold, adopted, or given by any other means to another party.
- You agree that if at any point you can not keep this dog, you will contact Free Korean Dogs to discuss options before seeking other placement.
- You agree to use a 3 point harness, instead of a typical dog collar, for at least the first three months of adoption to reduce the risk of losing the dog.
- You agree that this dog will not be allowed outdoors without supervision. When taking your dog outdoors, she/he will be on a secure harness and wear a name tag at all times.
- You agree not to crate the dog.
- You agree that this dog is to be a companion animal, not a guard dog, and that this dog will live inside your home.
- You agree not to physically or emotionally abuse, neglect, starve or harm the dog.
- You agree to care for this dog in a humane manner, which includes supplying adequate food, water, shelter, attention, and medical care.
- If the dog is lost, you agree to take immediate action to locate the dog. You agree to contact local animal control and Free Korean Dogs if the dog is not recovered within 24 hours of being lost.
- You agree to never leave the dog unattended with infants, children or other animals for the first three months after adoption.
- You understand and agree that Free Korean Dogs makes no guarantees about this dog’s temperament and is not responsible or liable for future damage or injury caused by the dog.
- You give Free Korean Dogs permission to phone or visit your home at any reasonable time to assure that the dog is receiving proper treatment and care.
- You agree to update Free Korean Dogs of any change to your current home address or phone number.
- You agree not to take the dog outside of the country without the expressed written consent of Free Korean Dogs.
- You agree that all statements you have made in the application are true. If it is discovered that any statements you have made on this application are not true, the adoption agreement is void and the dog can be confiscated at the discretion of Free Korean Dogs.
- This agreement may be specifically enforceable by Free Korean Dogs through judicial proceedings, including the right of Free Korean Dogs to recover the dog due to any breach of the terms of this agreement.
- You agree that, in the event you breach this agreement and Free Korean Dogs files suit to enforce or defend any claim under this agreement, you will pay any court costs and/or legal fees incurred by Free Korean Dogs in connection herewith.
My family would love to foster a dog we live in Burlington I know it is a bit of a drive but we would love to take on a dog that needs more attenchen, love, and care than u have tohe time to give the dog can stay as long as u need. We want to help it would be nice if you would let us help
I would like to foster a dog but it seems like you cannot foster them when you dont meet a requirment for adoption. Do I understand it right?
EK Park says
Thanks for your interest.
Do you live in Vancouver or Toronto, Canada?
If so, yes it is possible. Please email us at
Sahba Mosaedi says
I live in Vancouver and my family would love become fosters for Korean rescue dogs. The foster application keeps linking me to the adoption application. Is there a glitch in the system?