After countless months of looking on dog adoption websites, it was by chance that I happened to find what I thought to be the “perfect” fit for our new family …Read More about Oh Fanta, the Fantastic Baby!
The past few weeks have been faced with difficult times as COVID-19 continues to rapidly and drastically impact our everyday lives. Free Korean Dogs (FKD) thanks everyone who has taken …Read More about COVID-19: What We’re Doing at Free Korean Dogs
One week after finalizing our adoption for Elle, we fell in love again when Otto popped up. There was something so special about him and I knew I would regret …Read More about Good Things Come In Pairs: The Unexpected Addition
They often say we can learn a lot from dogs, which is certainly true of Onjung’s story. She teaches us that even when life gives you spoiled lemons, you can …Read More about Life Lessons from Onjung:
In April 2019, South Korea experienced one of the worst forest fires to have ever swept their lands, resulting in the destruction of over 1200 acres of land, 4200 displaced …Read More about OTTO, WHO BEAT THE ODDS
With a new year comes new resolutions, and we have big goals on the horizon. Four and a half years ago, we would have never imagined we would be where …Read More about We are the change we seek
It seems with just a blink of an eye, we’ve flipped our calendars to December and begin looking forward to the upcoming New Year. 12 months have gone by in …Read More about Celebrating 2019: A Year of ‘Firsts’
If Woolkong was a fairy tale character, she would be the strongest, bravest, and most benevolent hero there was.
Did you know that 70% of FKD dogs who have gone missing or run away have done so under the care of someone other than their family? The remaining 30% …Read More about Safety and Loss Prevention
An Inside Look: Shutting Down the Dangjin Dog Meat Farm On September 1, 2018, Free Korean Dogs officially took possession of a dog meat farm operation in Dangjin, Korea and …Read More about Help Rescue Dogs from the Dangjin Dog Meat Farm