NOTE: Due to recent flight/travel restrictions resulting from Covid-19, it will take longer for your adopted dogs to get to you. Please only submit an application if you are able to wait until a flight volunteer can be secured. Please note we currently do not have a definitive timeline.
- Carefully review the profile(s) of the dog(s) you are interested in adopting on the available dogs section of our website to determine if the dog is the right fit for you.
- After selecting the dog, you can access & complete the application by clicking the button, ADOPT ME: or
- You can complete a general application that is not attached to any specific dog; we will do our best to match you with a compatible dog based on your responses.
- Our adoption team will review your application to determine suitability/eligibility and if selected,
- Adoption facilitator will contact you to conduct an interview, either in person, by phone or through video conference.
- Following a satisfactory interview, the adoption facilitator will arrange a home visit with you. Our goal is to determine a suitable living environment for the specific dog you applied for.
- The adoption facilitator will complete all necessary reference checks. (i.e. the veterinarian and/or other references you provided)
- An approved adopter must sign the adoption agreement and pay the adoption fee. (Applicable taxes are included in listed fees). Under 8 years old: $760 USD or $960 CAD. 8 years old and older or special needs: $360 USD or $460 CAD
- Once all formal documents are completed and payment is confirmed, the adoption facilitator will arrange the travel plan for the dog. (Note: depending on various circumstances and any special request the adopter may have, arrival of the dog to Canada/US may take up to 2 to 4 weeks). The adoption facilitator will advise the confirmed time/date once it becomes available.
- Come to the airport and pick up your dog!
- A member of our team will follow up with you after your dog has arrived to ensure things are going smoothly and provide support to any questions or concerns you may have during the settling in period. We are always here to help.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Steps 1 to 11 represent our General Application Process; from time to time, due to unforeseeable circumstances, part(s) and/or the entire process are subject to change.
** Animal welfare is our top priority; especially because many of our rescued dogs were harmed either physically and/or emotionally in the past. The detailed processes & procedures are structured to ensure minimal negative impact/experience for the rescued dogs. We appreciate your understanding & patience.
FKD helped over 1,100 Korean rescue dogs find their forever loving families in Canada and the US.