- Review available dogs section on our website to determine which dog you want to adopt.
- After selecting the dog, you can access & complete the application by clicking the button, ADOPT ME: or
- You can complete a general application that is not attached to any specific dog; we will do our best to match you with a compatible dog based on your responses.
- Our adoption team will review your application to determine suitability/eligibility and if selected,
- Adoption facilitator will contact you to conduct an interview, either in person, by phone or through video conference.
- After completing the interview, the adoption facilitator will arrange a home visit with you. Our goal is to determine a suitable living environment for the specific dog you applied for.
- The adoption facilitator will complete all necessary reference check. (i.e. the veterinarian and/or other references you provided)
- An approved adopter must sign the FKD standard adoption agreement, consent form and pay the adoption fee, $720 CAD (including tax) or $280 CAD for special needs dogs and senior dogs (over 8 year old).
- Once all formal documents are completed and payment is confirmed, the adoption facilitator will arrange the travel plan for the dog. (Note: depending on various circumstances and any special request the adopter may have, arrival of the dog to Canada may take up to 2 to 4 weeks). The adoption facilitator will advise the confirmed time/date once it becomes available.
- Final step – come to the airport and pick up your dog! The adoption facilitator will complete the requirements from Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
**Animal welfare is our top priority; especially because many of our rescued dogs were harmed either physically and/or emotionally in the past. The detailed processes & procedures are structured to ensure minimal negative impact/experience for the rescued dogs. We appreciate your understanding & patience.
FKD helped over 600 Korean rescue dogs find their forever loving families in Canada and the US.